Monday, April 20, 2009

The Fairy Princess

Photo by Howell Conant


I intended to do this post yesterday but my computer was having issues.
The tech has been out 3 times. Hopefully, 3 times is a charm.

53 years ago yesterday, Grace Kelly became Princess Grace.
Actually the civil ceremony was April 18th so that was her official wedding day.

I was just a little one when she became a Princess but as I grew older, her story fascinated me. I think my fascination with crowns, Princesses, etc. must have come from Grace.
Looking back, I think she must have been quite lonely.

I have been blessed by having the opportunity to visit Monaco several times.
It is drop dead gorgeous, almost too perfect.

I thought I would share some pictures with you.
Hopefully this post will go through.



This is a photo of Saint Nicholas Cathedral where the wedding Mass took place.




These photos were taken inside the Cathedral.










The Palace






My son loved these canons.


O.K, I cried as I saw their resting places.
The first time I visited, Princess Grace rested alone.



A woman that works in the church, told me that Grace receives flowers daily.

She passed away so young. At 54, I am two years older than she was when she passed on.


I hope you enjoyed the little tour. If I don't come round, the "issues" aren't allowing me to.

8 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello sweet one! I too loved Grace Kelly and I am a fan of Audrey Hepburn. Both of these lovely ladies exuded elegance, dignity and humility and not too mention drop dead high fashion! Yes, the crowns and castles live on! Take care, Anita

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

Barb, I loved your pictures of Monaco. I, too, loved Princess Grace. What a true beauty. She was so classy. What gorgeous features.

Judy said...

What a wonderful post. I always admired Grace. She was such a beautiful woman.

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Barb!
Oh I always have had a special place in my heart for Princess Grace. Her name suited her perfectly. What a great post!
I'm sooo happy for your son and all of your family!! God is so good! It will be so wonderful for him to get a new lease on life in his new surroundings!
Congrats on the awesome prizes you won too! they look so gorgeous!!

Big hugs and God bless you!
Bisous, Sherry

Barbara said...

Some of your pics are up and some not on yur recent posts.
When young I used be told that I looked like Grace kelly!!

Angie said...

Hello dear friend!

I have always admired Princess Grace, too. She just exudes what being a princess is all about. What a lovely picture of her you found! Beautiful post..what a feast for the eyes! I can close my eyes and dream about one day seeing such a beautiful place. Also, I want to thank you for such a lovely surprise. It touched me beyond measure. The message is one that I needed to hear and it is almost like God knew that. He works in mysterious ways. You are a special person and I feel so proud to count you among my friends. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Love ya! Angie

Jacque said...

Barb, thanks for sharing the pics with us. It is exciting to hear about those things from someone that has ACTUALLY been there and seen it. You are very fortuate to have so many travel experiences. I enjoyed the post!

Unknown said...

What a lovely place Monaco is! How fun that you were able to visit. Princess Grace certainly did capture the hearts and attention of the whole planet in her day, didn't she!?

Related Posts with Thumbnails