Friday, August 29, 2008

Thank you Carol and Bizarre Phoenix weather!

Update: Saturday morning.

It was our turn last night with the storm. We are fine and praise God very easy clean up.




Carol from Charli and Me has passed this award to me ( and Tommy)
and we are just tickled pink. Carol has a terrific blog and if you haven't visited, you need to! It is fun, thought provoking and the pictures of Charli will lift your spirits up. Many, many thanks, Carol. I so appreciate it!

I appreciate everyone that stops by and leaves a comment. I enjoy all your blogs and would like to pass this along to all my blogging buddies. I know not everyone likes receiving an award this way. Those of you that do, Please take this one for your blog. It really is coming from my heart!


We have been praying for those affected by Gustav and those that may be affected this weekend as it rolls in. Little did I think we would have our own version last night. Three monsoon storms came into the valley and really did some major damage. Thousands are without power now as the power poles broke into match sticks. There was hail, winds in excess of 85 miles an hour and so much damage. Radar reported that winds could have been 100 miles an hour in areas. The temperature even dropped 30 degrees within a 2 hour span. We were very fortunate that we had just a little wind. My heart goes out to everyone affected.

About 12 years ago, we had a micro burst
rip through our neighborhood. At the time, I had a 2 story house and it was hit hard. My son had been in the hospital for 10 months and had only been home for 2 weeks when the storm hit. His bedroom was destroyed when that part of the roof was ripped off. The storm happened in August and it wasn't until March that all the work was completed. I never thought living in AZ I would go through anything like that. My early years were spent in Mi and we always had tornado warnings and watches. It was part of life.

God bless all those in the Phoenix area that have been hit hard. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

Those of you that may be dealing with Gustav, know that your blogging buddies are holding you up in prayer.

I hope everyone has a safe Holiday weekend. I will be "flitting" in and out and hope to visit all of you throughout the weekend.

Happy Labor Day.

hugs to everyone!

16 comments:

Bebe said...

Hi Barb!
I hadn't forgotten about you at all ~ just been away from blogging for a few weeks. :) I missed you! That must have been a terrible storm that came through your area last night. I'm glad you all are okay! We had TS Fay through here last week, but it wasn't too bad; just a lot of soaking rain. Hope you have a nice, restful holiday weekend!!
Hugs, Bebe :)

Charm and Grace said...

Barb, so glad you and your family are safe, and I am also praying for those along the Gulf Coast. My father in law has been instrumental in some of the relief efforts in the Pass Christian area and they really do not need another hit now. I pray for mercy and wisdom for those folks.

Hope you and your famiy have a terrific holiday weekend,
Christi

Judy said...

Oh My Gosh, that must have been terrible. I am so glad you are safe and sound. I have a friend in New Orleans and I'm hoping she and her family is safe. And everyone else who lives there. They have been through so much.

Kim's Treasures said...

Hi Barb! I saw on the Comcast news that your area was hit hard by storms...so glad you all didn't get the worst of it!

Thanks so much for praying for the kids! The memorial service was tonight. The girlfriend of the man who passed away wanted it to end on a happy note...ultimate frisbee after the service...this is something they all loved to play together.

Have a wonderful weekend with your hubby!

Kim

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi Barb , glad you and your family are safe. Take care . HUGS !

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Thanks for the pretty award Barb.

My sister and some in laws live in Phoenix area Barb, and I was so worried about them when we heard about this storm, but luckily they were well, and just had some wind damage.I'm glad you weren't badly affected.

I'm praying for all in the gulf coast too.

Hugs, pat

Anonymous said...

I will keep you and everyone else in the hurricane's path in my thoughts. I could have sworn that the last time I was over here visiting you, you didn't have Name/URL enabled on your comments... Now I can comment! Thank you!
Brenda

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Hi Barrb.I'm sorry you had to deal with such a bad storm.Yes1 I'm one of the ones waiting on Gustav.i live in Picayune Miss.Near the La border.I live about 25 miles from Lake Ponchartrain and about 35 miles from the Gulf coast.I have a post to get out right before bad weather hits,just in case the power goes out.When Katrina hit.we were without for 4 weeks.I hope you recover from your ordeal.May God Bless you..Marie Antionette.PS Yes I made the vignette.I did not make the head, village pieces, boots or presents under neath table.I made the clothes, plaque,table, his body and legs.

Anonymous said...

Afternoon, Barb! Thanks for popping in to see me! Congratulations on your award! Glad you're safe and have a beautiful holiday!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Unknown said...

Hi Barb! I am so happy you are all safe and the storm is done! It is scary. I live in Mi and we do get the warnings. But I would never be able to handle earthquakes of hurricaines. So scary!

Hugs.
Amy

bj said...

We have been praying hard for everyone in harms way of this storm and I know most everyone has.
It is beginning to look like all the prayers have helped, too...they always do because GOD IS SO GOOD.
So glad you and family are safe...
bj

kari and kijsa said...

Happy Labor Day! Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the comments about my blog. I so enjoy yours too.
I am so glad you are safe from the storm. I have been praying for all of the people in the wake of that terrible storm. I understand what you went through with the storm that hit years ago. We had a incident where one hit our house causing severe damage My husband was in the hospital with his first open heart surgery and our sone was two weeks old.

Bebe said...

Hi Barb,
Thanks for your sweet comment the other day ~ it really made me smile!! I've given you a little blog love so come on over to my place for a visit. Hope you are having a nice Labor Day holiday!
Smiles, Bebe :)

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Hey Barb!
Thanks for your sweet comment. I always get happy when I see a comment from you!

Yes, I'm praying too for all those affected by the storm. I'm glad you all are okay!
And how scary it must have been to survive that microburst!

Take care!
Becky

Barbara said...

Glad things are OK and that storm must have been real hard to deal with when your son had been in hospital for so long.

Related Posts with Thumbnails