Thursday, May 14, 2015

Just some rambling....

Three posts since May 7th. I think I am working on developing a new habit- regular blogging. They say it takes 30 days for a new habit to stick so we'll see. Hehe.

The photo's below have nothing to do with this post but they make me happy so I am sharing. I figure what makes me happy someone else may also enjoy.


The workmanship is exquisite!


Can you imagine waking up to this everyday? I could look out those windows everyday- no complaints. I would have a comfy chair and watch the world go by. I've always been a reader so I would need some good reads for those moments when I would NOT be looking out the windows. I used to share some of my favorite books right here. I think that tradition may continue.


What an odd collection!  Dearie- The remarkable life of Julia Child by Bob Spitz is a wonderful biography. The photo of Julia on the cover is what caught my eye. She was a lovely young woman. To think that when the photo was taken, she had no idea that her name would be known everywhere.

 Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger was a gift which I will jump into next. If you read The Devil Wears Prada or saw the movie (guilty on both counts), this picks up a few years down the road.
We'll see. 

I love magazines but have gotten pretty picky with what I purchase now. They all seem to be the same. When I picked up French Cottage - Victoria Classics. I knew it was a winner. Definitely worth looking for. 

Living in Italy by Alvino Fantini (love the sound of his name) is a book that I purchased in 2000. That was 3 years before hubby and I married. Every once in a while I pull it out and read through...one.more.time. Now, he reads through it. A kindred soul- hehe.

This last photo is a Christmas stocking I made from a Burberry item that no longer fit well.
As soon as I finish this post, I am off to begin work on another. The design will be different but they will work well together. 


I used the label, the ribbon from the garment. Repurposing at its best. Hehe. 
I only have enough fabric for the 2 stockings. Wish it would have been a dress or something larger. 

Well, I have rambled on enough. Hope to keep on rambling.

Big hugs!

10 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Fascinating architecture.
You are well ahead with Christmas!

Lorrie said...

Fun post, Barb. The Burberry stocking is a great idea.

Pondside said...

Those windows are beautiful!

Theresa said...

Well, look at you becoming a regular blogger:) Love those windows, I too could look out them every day! Have a blessed day and get busy working on that stocking! HUGS!

Bonnie said...

Hi Barb, I haven't seen a post from you in such a long long time! Not that I am one to talk, I have been slipping and sliding with the blogging thing as well but I am starting up again myself. Come visit with me!

xoxo, Bonnie

Barb said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for stopping by. Those pics were taken in Spain. Love the architecture. Christmas is 24-7 in my home. lol

xoxo

Barb said...

Hi Lorrie,
I appreciate the visit! Wait till you see Burberry #2. I think it could be my favorite. I'll stop by later.
xoxo

Barb said...

Hi Pondside,

Thank o for your visit. I will be by later. I am in love with those windows!

xoxox

Barb said...

Hi Theresa,

I truly love those windows. Hubby had to pull me down the street. We may have made a scene-lol.

Wait till you see Burberry #2. I may have difficulty parting with it.

xoxox

Barb said...

Hi Bonnie,

Girl... it has been a while. Thank you for stopping by and I will visit a little later today. It is very difficult to start blogging once you've stopped. I thought 2013 I would start then then life happened. 2014... 2015 hopefully will be my time...again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails