Friday, May 2, 2008

Within Sight?

If you have visited The French Elements website, you have seen the category Sharing with others.

My youngest son (25) has multiple health problems including Type1 diabetes. He was diagnosed with it at the age of 9. I must admit, when he was hospitalized and the Doctor gave us the diagnosis, I didn't realize the magnitude of this disease. Blindness, kidney failure, nerve damage, stroke, are just a few of the complications that
are associated with Type1 diabetes. My son has been experiencing some of the complications for several years.
When I look back at what my life was like when I was 25, the difference is day and night.

JDRF is working non stop to find a cure. They are truly a great organization.
While November is known as National Diabetes Month, Diabetes is 12 months , 365 days a year.

A cure is within sight, I just pray that it is in time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails