Friday, October 22, 2010

This photo got me thinking

By this time, I think everyone is kind of sick
of hearing about Jeff-hehe.
I know he is not the only one in the Military
BUT
he is my son and I am so proud of him.
Still in shock that he is doing what he is doing!

In the background, you can see the pictures that his girls
have drawn to make his hut a little bit more like home.
I can't draw a lick but I can make a mean pillow.
Yes, I am making pillows to send.



The pillow above is for Jeff but now I need to add
some for the other branches of the Military.
I have my work cut out for me.


When I found out that Jeff would be in Jolo , I needed
to do some research.
This is some serious stuff.
If you have the time, please read the entire article.
You'll never think of the Philippines in the same way.



On a prettier note, new items have been added
to my little shop.
Staying busy and that is a good thing.

Have a Blessed weekend and don't forget to say
a little prayer for the men and women that allow
us to do what we love.

Big hugs!

5 comments:

Elizabethd said...

I'm sure that any 'homey' articles will make these brave soldiers feel more comfortable. Try not to worry too much about him.

Theresa said...

I love hearing about your sweet Son and I appreciate his service! Wonderful pillow:) My Dad was in World War II in the Phillipines! Not sure if I told you that or not! Have a blessed weekend! HUGS!

Blondie's Journal said...

I can vouch for the mean pillows!!

XO,
Jane

Shabby Anne said...

Love the pillow Barb. How come we have never heard of this place or the terrorist threat from Abu Sayaff before?

God Bless Jeff (and you of course).

Anne x0x0x

Pondside said...

The things going on in this world! Thank God for people like your son and his comrades!

Related Posts with Thumbnails