Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What do these photo's have in common?

Paris




and Amsterdam




They are the subjects of 2 of my FAVORITE books.

It doesn't matter if you are planning a visit or not,
these books will transport you to 2 of the
most beautiful places on earth. I think.


I picked up PARIS: MADE BY HAND last year
and fell in love.

The author, Pia Jane Bijkerk is a stylist and photographer.
She lives on a houseboat in Amsterdam.
How COOL is that?
I'd love to spend a day with her. Big sigh!
Oh, the places you could visit (sounding like Dr. Seuss).
Hubby even looked through the book.
Now, that is a first!

When I saw she had a new book out, I knew it was calling my name.
I love Amsterdam, love the Dutch (was "almost" Dutch years ago)
and adore the book.

AMSTERDAM: MADE BY HAND is a treasure trove
full of unique little shops.
Her descriptions, and photo's make you want to take the first flight out.
Hubby gave this one a "thumbs up" also.
We are not planning a European adventure in the near future
but when we do, I will be taking these along.

On a different note- Tommy is holding his own. Yay!
My precious DIL Dorothy, went into premature labor last week
but all is well for the time being.
I think newbaby2010. ver 4.0 will
be born in August and not September.

Saying prayers that all goes well.

Have a wonderful week.

10 comments:

Theresa said...

I love books and it sounds like these are two great ones! Happy Tommy is holding his own and that the baby is staying put until ready to arrive:) Will pray for all involved!

Enjoy your day my friend! HUGS!

Bossy Betty said...

Lovely pictures of lovely places! I can see why they are your favorites.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh how I love Paris, and even though I have never been to Amsterdam, I have friends in the Netherlands that are among the best ever! To visit with them would be the delight of my heart. Thank you, Barb dear, for these recommendations! Comment ça va, toi? Anita

Elizabethd said...

I've never been to Amsterdam, but Paris....wonderful!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Barb, it is so nice to see you!!! THANK YOU FOR COMING ON BY! Anita

A Tale of Two Cities said...

I've been intrigued by Paris: Made by Hand when I've read about it before. WIth your added recommendation, I'm going to have to look into getting a copy.

Debi

Pondside said...

Things are getting exciting around your house if another grandchild is soon to arrive!
I'm off to Amazon to find those books. As you know, I lived on the Dutch border for years and loved my everyday life on the Dutch side. It's still one of my favorite countries and there are days when I'd give anything to visit a Saturday market with the flowers and vegetables and the wagon with the fired fish.

Anonymous said...

These look like great books. It's true books can transport you all over the world. I hope you are having a good week. Charli is sending hugs to Tommy :>)

Bonnie said...

These books sound great! So happy that Tommy is doing well and holding his own. Sounds like your little grandbaby can't wait to great the world. I'm sure all is well and will say a little prayer. You have a lot going on woman!

Sending good vibes your way, Bonnie

Debi said...

I love to loose myself in beautiful books!I definitely will have to pick these up!
xo
Debi

Related Posts with Thumbnails